Suzanna Travels Around the World www.mytrips.com
February 2, published Seychelles journal
and Dubai journal.
November 30, 2013 published
Poland Journal. Also see
Isreal / Jordan / Egypt journal - In Jordan,
click on "THE EPISODE" to read the worst travel experience ever!
This web site is mostly about my travels and travails around the world. I'm a writer and I keep journals so I can share the wonderful things on this planet with everyone.
I've been to 100 countries, 49 states and 33 presidents homes (thanks to Mom). My
Grandparents also traveled to over 60 countries! See my
List of visited countries and states.
When I visit the same place again, I take the same photo. Here are some
cool comparisons. Enjoy!
Trip list by year,
(Zip Line, Triathlons, etc)
Copenhagen, Denmark 1979
Copenhagen, Denmark 2008
Angkor Wat, Cambodia in 1960
My Aunt and Grandmother.
I am in the same place in 2001.
East Berlin Germany,
Brandenburg Gate, 1979.
I took this
photo from West Berlin.
Berlin, Germany 2008.
including Checkpoint Charlie here.
Me in Puerto Rico in 1965,
and again in 2001.
More San San Juan pix here.
The same Pueto Rico fort 2001
St.Petersburg, Russia. A room in The
More pix here.
The same Hermitage room in 2008
Rome, Italy, Trevi Fountain 1957.
More Italy comparison pix here.
The same Trevi Fountain in 2006. Mom and Dad went back
on their 50th Anniversary
Trip Journals: Africa, Cambodia, China/Bangkok/Singapore, Haiti, Europe,
Europe - Cruise the North,
(Spain, Portugal), Isreal/Jordan/Egypt,
Italy, Maldives, New Zealand / Sydney,
Peru, Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, Poland, Russia/Baltic,
Scotland, South America,
Sri Lanka , Vietnam
My "Been There, Done That" List
**Asterisks indicate pictures that compare "then and now"
- Andorra - Journal and Pictures 2008
- Anguilla (U.K.) - Windjammer 1999
- Antigua & Barbuda - 1965 and Windjammer 1999
- Argentina - 1967 and 1997
- Aruba (1963)
- Australia - Journal and Pictures 1999
- Austria - **Austria** 1979 and 1997
- Bahamas 1963, 1977, 2009
- Barbados 1965
- Belarus - Russia and the Baltic States journal or pictures 1998
- Belgium (1978)
- Belize - Belize rain forest and island paradise (2000)
- Bosnia & Herzegovina (Yugoslavia 1979)
- Botswana Africa journal or pictures 2002
- Brazil - **South America pictures** 1967 and 1997
- Cambodia - Vietnam, Cambodia journal or **pictures** 2001
- Cape Verde (Isle de Sol) 2002
- Chile 1965-67 and 1997
- China - **China and Splendid China** 1994, 2002
- Colombia - **South America pictures** 1962-65
- Costa Rica
(Zagreb, Yugoslavia 1979)
- Curacao 1963
- Czech Republic (Czechoslovakia) 1979
- Denmark - 1979 Europe journal and 2008 journal/ pictures
- Dominican Republic - Pictures 2000
- East Germany and East Berlin (1979 and 2008)
- Egypt - 2011 **Journal and Pictures**
- El Salvador 1965
- Estonia - 1998 journal/pictures and 2008 journal/ pictures
- Finland - 1998 journal/pictures and 2008 journal
- French West Indies
- Germany - 1979 Europe journal and 2008 journal/ pictures
- Gibraltar - British Territory 2008
- Greece - Pictures and Journal 1979, 2004
- Haiti - Pictures and Journal 2002
- Hong Kong - Far East Journal 1994
- India - India and Kashmir 2009
- Ireland - Dublin, Ireland Jan 1999
- Israel - 2011 **Journal and Pictures **
Suzanna's Brother Travels to Israel
- Italy 1979, Jan 2000, June 2006
- Jamaica - 1963, 1993, 2000 pictures
- Jordan - 2011 ** Journal and Pictures **
- Latvia - Russia and the Baltic States journal or pictures 1998
- Liechenstein - Journal with pix 2004
- Lithuania - Russia and the Baltic States journal or pictures 1998
- Macedonia (Skopje, Yugoslavia)
- Malaysia - Vietnam, Cambodia journal or **pictures** 2001
- Maldives 2006
- Monaco 1979
- Morocco - Journal and pictures 2008
- Namibia - Africa journal and pictures 2002
- Nepal - Journal 2009
- Netherland Antilles
- New Zealand Journal and Pictures 1999
- Peru 1966, 1997, and 2010
**Journal with pictures
- Poland - 2013 Journal
published November 30, 2013
- Portugal - Journal and pictures 2008
- Puerto Rico - **San Juan, Puerto Rico** 1965, 2001
- Russia - journal /pictures 1998 and journal/ pictures 2008
- Scotland - Journal and pictures 2005
Serbia (Belgrad, Yugoslavia 1979)
- Seychelles -
and Dubai journal
- Singapore - Far East Journal 1994
- Slovak Republic - Czechoslovakia 1979
(Ljubljana, Yugoslavia 1979)
- South Africa - Africa journal and pictures 2002
- Spain - Journal and pictures 2008
- Sri Lanka - Journal 2005
- St. Eustatius/Statia and St.Maarten (Neth) - Windjammer 1999
- St. Kitts, St. Barthelemy, and St. Martin (France) - Windjammer 1999
- Swaziland - Africa journal or pictures 2002
- Sweden - 1979 Europe journal and 2008 journal/ pictures
- Switzerland - 1979, 2004 - Journal with pix
- Taiwan - 2001
- Thailand - Far East Journal 1994
- Tibet, China
- Trinidad & Tobago 1965
- Turks & Caicos - Providentiales: Turks and Caicos Islands 2000 (British West Indies)
- United Arab Emerites -
and Dubai journal
- United States of America (49 states so far)
- United Kingdom England
- Uruguay 1966
- Vatican City 1978, 2001 and 2006 - Italy
- Venezuela 1966
- Vietnam, Cambodia journal or **pictures** 2001
- Virgin Islands U.S. (St.Croix, St.John, St.Thomas) 1965 and 1999
- Zambia Africa journal or pictures 2002
- Zimbabwe Africa journal or pictures 2002
- Palestine - it's almost a country!
United States (only Hawaii is missing)
1. Alabama - Dead Sea Scrolls (Mar 2005)
2. Alaska - *Alaska ski trip* (Mar 2002)
3. Arizona - Grand Canyon (1965 and 1998)
6. Colorado - Ski Aspen with Atlanta Ski Club (Feb 2000)
**Holy Land** (Jan 2002)
Busch Gardens Tampa (2004)
Disney Magic Kingdom,Epcot,MGM,Animal Kingdom (2004)
Splendid China, Orlando
St. Augustine (1987 to 2005)
Univ Florida Homecoming in Gainesville (Nov 2000)
Universal Studios (2004)
Universal Islands of Adventure (2004)
The Manatee Encounter
6 Flags over Georgia (1989 to 2005)
Avon 3 Day Breast Cancer Fundraiser (Oct 99)
Bike the Altanta Belt Line (Apr 10)
Dahlonega Kangaroo Center
Dalai Lama in Atlanta
Habitat for Humanity
Lake Lanier Houseboat (July 99)
Peachtree Road Race
Plains Home of Jimmy Carter
Sapelo Island (Oct 2000)
Savannah/Tybee Island (2000 to 2004)
Zip line at Banning Hills
17. Louisiana - New Orleans (Mar 2005)
27. Nevada - Las Vegas and Hoover Dam (Dec 2004)
28. New Hampshire
29. New Jersey
30. New Mexico
31. New York
32. North Carolina
33. North Dakota
38. Rhode Island
39. South Carolina - Kiawah (Apr 2003)
40. South Dakota
41. Tennessee - Mt. LeConte in NC/TN (Oct 2001 and 2000)
42. Texas - Austin (2008, 2004, 1998)
43. Utah - Ski Park City Utah
45. Virginia - **Williamsburg** (1972, 2000)
47. West Virginia
I hope to go to my 50th state
Suzanna does roller coasters
Note: Suzanna also works. View resume.
Want to go to:
Tahiti, Fiji, Bali, Indonesia
South Korea & Truce Village
in the DMZ building in S&N Korea
| || |
About me: I was born in the USA.... in '60 (see note at bottom of page) then moved around a lot....
- '62-'65 Bogota, Colombia. Nursery school at Nuevo Granada. Learned how to nap on my 'westing wug'.
- '66-'67 Santiago, Chile. 1st and 2nd grade at Santiago College. Learned how to speak Spanish.
- '68-'71 Minneapolis St.Paul, Minnesota. 3rd grade through 7th grade. Learned how to build a snow man, forgot how to speak Spanish.
- '72-'75 Lexington Kentucky. 8th grade through 11th grade at Henry Clay High School. Took French lessons. Learned how to drink beer.
- '76-'81 Gainesville, Florida. Finished senior year at Gainesville High School. Became a Christian listening to the sermons by Dean Martin at Trinity UMC. I learned how to ski in
'78 in Switzerland and I've been skiing almost every
year since (see trip list). Got a BS in Food and Resource Economics at University of Florida. Joined AXO sorority, learned a lot about life.
- '82-'83 Ames, Iowa. Got an MS in Economics at Iowa State. Learned a lot more about life.
- '84-'87 Gainesville, Florida. Professor at UF, started an electronic marketing company.
- '88-current. Livin' in and lovin' Atlanta. I'm a
software developer for 23 years with the same company.
My ongoing Project
is to scan 10,000 slides of our family trips around the world. There are so many things to see in this world! I'm trying to get around to seeing the same things that my grandparents saw. They visited 60 countries in the 1950's. In 1960 they lived in Bangkok and traveled to Beirut, Lebanon, Hong Kong, Jerusalem, Turkey, Cambodia, India, Europe, and the USA. I am scanning over 5000 of their pictures and I'm posting similar pictures when I see the same thing 40 years later.
WOW: My mother has been researching her geneology for the past 10 years. She has discovered that we are descendents of John Wycliffe's brother, He was a theologian who translated the Holy Bible into English. Too cool.
This is Stone Mountain, Georgia when we visited it in 1967.
They finished carving it in 1972.
Thanks for visiting my Web Site! You can email me at web@ mytrips.com (remove the space after the @)
This page and all the other pages of this
http://www.mytrips.com web site, along with the journal, images, and photos, are Copyright 1997-2013 by Suzanna. All publication rights are reserved.